THE HISTORY :: STELLA MARIS CONVENT SCHOOL
About Us
Mother Macrina
Mother Macrina B.S.
Foundress

Stella Maris Convent School, Sultanpur was founded on July 11, 1968 by Mother Macrina B.S., the then president of Bethany Educational Society and the superior general of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Little Flower of Bethany.

The School was established on 2 July 1968 and is administered by the Bethany Educational society, Mangalore, a Christian Religious minority institution, registered under the society’s registration act XXI of 1860 (registration no.17 of 1948-1949). The society has its head office at Bethany convent, Mangalore, Karnataka. All the members of the Bethany educational society are catholic nuns belonging to the congregation of the sisters of the little flower of Bethany. The society runs formal and non-formal educational institution all over the country.

Rt. Rev. Msgr. R.F.C. Mascarenhas :: Father Founder
Rt. Rev. Msgr. R.F.C. Mascarenhas
Father Founder

Rt. Rev. Msgr. Raymond Francis Camillus Mascarenhas, the founder of the Congregation of the Sisters of the Little Flower of Bethany, under whose patronage this school was established, was consumed by an indefatigable zeal for the education of the poor and the marginalized especially the rural girls. He longed for the total emancipation of Indian women and was convinced that it could not be achieved without education. His spirit of services was supported by a strong scaffolding of prayer and faith in God. He was a man of vision, down to earth and compassionate. His penetrating vision enabled him to look far ahead and directed his works to fulfill the future needs. His charisma can be summarized in one phrase “service born out of love.”